CONSTRUCTION & DEMOLITION
The construction sector is one of the most resource-intensive and environmentally damaging industries in the world. Globally, construction accounts for circa 40% of the total flow of raw materials every year; this equates to approximately 3,000,000,000 cubic tonnes. Therefore, the sector must play an essential role in protecting our planet against climate change.
The combination of investor concerns, market forces, legislative pressure and consumer demands has resulted in the construction sector taking great strides to tackle the embodied carbon in buildings. Our role is to deliver sustainable solutions that minimise the carbon output associated with your wasted materials.
Site Waste Management Plans
Through our consultative approach, we’re ready to be involved from the start of any project, creating an effective site waste management plan (SWP) to drive efficient segregation, material minimisation & control and, importantly, ensure compliance. We recognise that each project is different and regional variance plays a massive part in service delivery. High rise developments in central London to remote infrastructure projects in the North East, we build our service to dovetail your requirements.
Our industry-leading online platform “The HUB” gives you access to information 24/7. You’re able to view reports regarding tonnages of materials being collected as well as how and where they’re being processed. Waste Transfer Notes, Licences, Permits and other compliance documents are all held digitally and available at the click of a button. We’ve also developed a carbon report that calculates your carbon footprint for waste disposal using up-to-date guidance data that’s driven by the Government’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) conversion factors reports. The HUB is an essential tool for clients who are focused on ISO14001 and ISO20400.
National Solutions, Delivered Locally
Our outsourcing model means that you get the best of both worlds. By dealing with us, you get a national service solution with all the advantages that this brings. The real benefit of our model is that services are delivered locally because we work with hundreds of service partners across the UK.
Our goal is to work with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and large regional operators. By Working with SMEs, we create social value that we can track, monitor, and report on to a consistent standard via the National TOMs Measurement Framework.
We’ve worked with many businesses in the fit-out, construction, housebuilding and infrastructure sectors, and we understand the importance of reliable service. When you choose to work with us, you can be sure that we will select service partners who deliver services on time to ensure your project stays on course. Our average on-time service success rate is 99%, and on the few occasions when we do experience issues, you can be sure that we will talk with you and agree on a plan to recover the delayed service.
Supporting your project
We provide the range of services you would expect, such as skips and roro’s, and we’re ready to support your project whether it’s at a single site for just a few weeks or whether it’s a more significant long term project. What makes us unique is our ability to act as a one-stop-shop for all your needs. In addition to our standard service solutions, we’re also able to provide:
- Welfare units – We offer a range of mobile and static welfare units and site accommodation.
- Graffiti removal – We provide fast, efficient graffiti removal services to clean all traces of graffiti away within a matter of hours of you contacting us. This service is invaluable where your property has graffiti that may be offensive or abusive.
- Needle sweeps – We provide a comprehensive needle sweep service, helping to ensure the safe removal and disposal of these potentially harmful sharps. The safe removal of sharps is imperative, as coming into contact with a discarded sharp can pose significant health risks to you, your staff and the wider public.
- Tanker services – We can collect a wide range of hazardous and non-hazardous materials via tankers. A few of the additional services we provide include Interceptor draining, Waste Oil removal and emptying Septic tanks.
- Grab Hire and Muck Away – We’ve got plenty of experience delivering Muck Away and grab services for a range of clients across the housebuilding, commercial construction and infrastructure sectors. We’ll arrive on-site at a time that best suits your needs, ready to remove soils, hardcore or any other material you need to remove.
- Earth Works – We can conduct materials tests to classify waste following WM3 guidance to ensure your materials are collected and processed in a compliant and environmentally friendly manner; Tests are carried out at UKAS and MCerts accredited laboratories.
- Aggregates supply – Working with our service partners, we’re able to supply a range of recycled aggregates produced from your wasted materials. This service is a fantastic example of the circular economy in action and shows your clients how sustainability is at the forefront of your processes.
Why not contact our sector experts and we can talk through all of the services we can offer that fit the needs of your project.